To: Parents and Class of 2017
From: Mr. Michael Tahany – Senior Event Coordinator
Re: Senior Send-Off 2017
Date: Friday, February 3, 2017
We would like to communicate the following information regarding the end of the year Farewell Event for the Class of 2017.
- The event, known as The Senior Send-Off, will consist of an evening dinner cruise around the island of Manhattan for members of the Senior Class only, who will be accompanied by members of the KMHS faculty. The Senior Send-Off will take place on Thursday, June 1, 2017.
- Dress Code:
Ladies are required to wear one of the following three options:
- A dress that falls to the knees and above the ankle.
- A blouse with a skirt that falls to the knees and above the ankle.
- Please make sure your shoulders are covered by a blouse, dress, or sweater.
- In addition, ladies are to wear shoes or sandals (backless shoes/slides are not permitted). Stockings are NOT required.
Gentlemen are required to wear:
- A business suit or a sports jacket with dress slacks; a collared button down dress shirt with a tie, socks, polished shoes, no earrings, and must be clean shaven.
- No sheer or denim clothing of any type, or any clothing exposing undergarments.
Based on your experience at Kellenberg, please consider modesty and reasonable discernment when choosing an outfit. If you have any questions concerning dress both Deans are available for consultation and advice.
- The Senior Send-off will begin with the senior class meeting at Kellenberg by 2:30 p.m. The students are allowed to leave their cars at the school. The class will travel by chartered coach bus to Manhattan where we will begin boarding. The ship will depart at approximately 5:00 p.m. for a four-hour cruise. We will depart the ship and board the coach buses between 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 for return to Kellenberg between 10:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. Students may drive home or be picked up by their parents at that point. No limousines or party busses will be allowed on or near the school property for drop-off or pick-up.
- The price of the event is $180.00 and will be made in two installments. The first payment of $100.00 is due to the finance office on Wednesday, February 8, 2017, and the final payment of $80.00 is due on Wednesday, March 8, 2017, and will include:
- Round-trip coach bus transportation between KMHS and Manhattan
- Four-hour cruise around Manhattan on Hornblower cruises
- Dinner Buffet
- DJ and Dancing
Payments may be in the form of cash, personal check or money order made out to Kellenberg Memorial H.S.
Full payment of $180.00 may be made on February, 8th if so desired.