Dear Class of 2023 Students and Parents:
Surprising as it may seem, the planning for Senior Trip 2023 is already well underway. The price of the 2022 Senior Trip was $1,925.00, (which was the same price as the 2020 trip that had to be canceled). We anticipate a price increase between $100 and $125 for the 2023 trip but have not yet received a final price. Once plans for the trip are finalized, we will communicate what is specifically included, as well as the final, official price.
Each year the flights and hotel rooms are booked in late May and Kellenberg Memorial is required to provide a sizable deposit in order to hold these flights and hotel rooms. If we wait until September to reserve our seats, we run the risk of the ticket price increasing over the Summer. Also, we have no guarantee that enough seats will be available in September to cover the five hundred tickets necessary to meet our needs. Thus, in order to hold down further increases, we need to know which members of the Class of 2023 are planning to attend the Senior Trip next year. A down payment of $750.00 is requested to hold your spot for the 2023 trip. At this time the Senior Trip is scheduled to take place Thursday, April 27th, through Sunday, April 30th, 2023.
It is also important to emphasize a certain factor that is absolutely essential to your enjoyment of the Senior Trip. We refer to your own personal desire to attend. There is no substitute for your own enthusiasm. The Senior trip involves significant time walking through the parks (the equivalent of ten to fifteen miles per day) with an average of five to six hours of sleep per night at most. If you have more than a reasonable apprehension about this experience, you should discuss as a family whether or not attending the trip is advisable.
While we are currently finalizing the trip itinerary, we do know some of the details of the trip and what is included in the final price:
- All flights will be on Jet Blue Airlines. We will depart from JFK and LaGuardia Airports and may fly into, or out of, Tampa and Daytona Airports as well as Orlando Airport in order to get as many students to Orlando as early as possible on Thursday. Luggage will be shipped to Florida by truck and students will be transported to the New York Airports from Kellenberg Memorial by school bus. Students will bring their luggage back to New York in the traditional manner and parents will be responsible for airport pick up upon our return to New York on Sunday. In Florida, transportation to events and theme parks, as well as to and from the Florida airports, will be through chartered coach buses.
- Three nights accommodation at Universal Orlando’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Two-day park hopper pass to Walt Disney World Theme Parks
- One day, two park pass to Universal Orlando good for admission to both the Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios theme parks
- Private Dinner Event at Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Park with exclusive use of select attractions.
- Students will attend Mass on Saturday afternoon/evening at a site to be determined.
We are currently evaluating the remaining private events that have been a highlight of past trips and may include either evening or breakfast events with exclusive access to one or more attractions.
The down payment of $750.00 will be accepted in the finance office beginning Monday, May 23, 2022. The deadline for all payments is Friday, June 3, 2022. This is a change from the original date in the school calendar. This $750.00 will be applied to the total cost of the trip. There are several payment options available for making the down payment for Senior Trip 2023. Payments may be made to the finance office in the traditional form of cash, check or money order made out to Kellenberg Memorial High School. Kellenberg Memorial also offers an additional payment option. Those parents who wish to pay with a credit card may do so online. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover will all be accepted. To do so, simply click the link below, which will direct you to the website to submit payment. There is a schedule for payments for Senior Trip 2023 listed below. The amounts of the second and third payment will be communicated as soon as we have a final price. Once we have a final price, there will also be the option to pay in full. The Finance Office will not begin accepting payments prior to Monday, May 23 . However, if you wish to pay online you may do so immediately by clicking the link below.
If you have any questions regarding the Senior Trip please contact Miss Vigario and Mrs. Meisse at (516) 292-0200 Ext. 288 or through their email at Classof2023@kellenberg.org.
Payment Schedule – Senior Trip 2023
Down Payment Due – Friday, June 3, 2022 $750.00
Second Payment Due – Friday, September 30, 2022 To be determined
Third Payment Due – Friday, October 28, 2022 To be determined
Miss Vigario and Mrs. Meisse
Senior Trip Coordinators