January 11, 2017
Dear Parents of the Freshman Class of 2017:
I am pleased to inform you that Kellenberg Memorial has accepted your child as a candidate for the Freshman Class of 2017. I welcome you into the Kellenberg Memorial Family – a devoted community of Marianist Brothers, Priests, faculty, students, parents, and alumni who seek to live the school motto “One Heart, One Mind.”
As a member of the Freshman Class of 2017 you will continue in the excellent program implemented over the past three years which uses the iPad as a tool in the classroom. Textbooks, notes, and homework will all be accessed through the iPad. This is an essential tool in the classroom since we have purposely chosen not to adopt the Common Core Curriculum.
OPEN HOUSE FOR ACCEPTED CANDIDATES
Saturday, January 21, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
We invite you to our Open House for Accepted Candidates on Saturday, January 21st, starting promptly at 10:00 a.m. The program will conclude at approximately 11:30 a.m. Faculty, coaches, parents, students, and alumni will share with you their experiences at Kellenberg Memorial High School. You will have an opportunity to ask questions and to tour the school.
1) REGISTRATION: To review registration information, all required registration forms referenced in this letter, and to begin the Online Student Profile go to:
As the first step in the registration process, you are asked to complete an Online Student Profile. You will need your login code and your password (found in the email and letter you received) when you log into the site. This information is printed in the upper right hand corner of this page. Please complete all of the fields and submit the form. After completing the Online Student Profile, you will be asked to pay a nonrefundable registration fee of $350.00 through PayPal. Step two of registration occurs at Kellenberg Memorial. You must come to Kellenberg Memorial to complete the registration process on:
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 — 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Due to time and space limitations students must register on January 24, 2017. The offer of admission will not be extended beyond January 24, 2017. Please call the Admissions Office before January 24, 2017 if you have a conflict with this date for registration. Please refer to the enclosed checklist to make certain that you bring all of the necessary documentation to registration. Due to space limitations, registration is limited to baptized Catholics. It is essential for your child’s registration to bring a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate at the time of registration. This copy will be kept on file at the school. We request that you also bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate at Registration in order to confirm the legal name of your child. This copy will be collected.
Tuition for the next year will be $10,075 + $200.00 iPad lease-to-own fee. This tuition is an all-inclusive tuition fee, not a basic fee. The student accident insurance premium is included in the tuition. The insurance coverage is for school time, all extracurricular activities and all sports. You will not have to pay any additional fees for religion books, laboratories, art studio, physical education, sports, and retreats. Tuition information can be found online.
Tuition is paid online through FACTS Company. An email invitation will be sent to set up your account. You will select your payment option at that time. You can expect to receive this email by the end of April. Your account must be set up and a payment plan chosen no later than June 1st.
2) PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION: As your child’s career at Kellenberg Memorial commences, it is important to understand and to accept the underlying philosophy of our school. We are a Catholic co-educational institution conducted by the Society of Mary. The motive of our foundation is primarily the religious and personal education of young people, to form them into mature Christians, good citizens, and responsible adults. The religious and spiritual atmosphere surrounding Kellenberg Memorial is our first and foremost concern. We seek to educate both the mind and the heart. The Gospel and the perennial wisdom of the Catholic Church are at the core of our curriculum and at the heart of our pedagogy. The enrollment of your child at Kellenberg Memorial indicates your desire to see his or her growth in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ.
3) ENTHUSIASM OF THE STUDENT: Your child has chosen a school rooted in the rich traditions of Marianist education with a challenging program and an enthusiastic student body. We are confident that your child’s capability, coupled with a sincere personal desire, will enable him or her to achieve all of the goals of the Kellenberg Memorial experience.
It is important to emphasize a certain factor that is absolutely essential to your child’s success at Kellenberg Memorial. I refer to your son’s or daughter’s own personal desire to come to Kellenberg Memorial and to enter freely into the Kellenberg Memorial program. There is no substitute for the student’s own enthusiasm. While the student is a minor and still subject to parental decision, it is counterproductive to force a child into a program which he or she has explicitly rejected. This acceptance as a candidate for the freshman class is, of course, contingent on your child’s successful completion of the eighth grade, i.e., receiving a passing grade in all eighth grade subjects.
4) FINANCIAL AID SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: Kellenberg Memorial sponsors a financial aid scholarship program for families who experience the death of a parent or guardian who is a source of financial support for the student enrolled at our school. Two names of parents (or guardians) may be registered for this financial aid scholarship program. Any scholarship grant shall be on a charitable basis and be at the sole discretion of Kellenberg Memorial. Please indicate on the Financial Aid Scholarship Form, which is available online, (either parent or guardian) whom you designate to be covered by this scholarship program in the event of their death. Please print and bring the completed and signed Financial Aid Scholarship Form to Kellenberg Memorial on the day of registration.
5) TRANSPORTATION: In most cases, transportation to Kellenberg Memorial High School will be provided by your local school district. A Transportation Information sheet can be found online. Please consult this summary for determining the best method of transportation to Kellenberg Memorial for your child. Any questions may be answered at the time of registration.
6) UNIFORM: Information regarding the uniform ordering process will be provided on the night of registration.
7) PROVISION OF STUDENT SERVICES: Application to Kellenberg Memorial High School and registration implies willingness and capacity to achieve within the existing academic program as described in our handbook. Because of limitations in resources and finances, exceptional programs for individual academic or physical needs cannot be adequately provided for within existing parameters.
8) CERTIFICATION OF IMMUNIZATION FORM: Please print and complete the Immunization Form which can be found online and bring it with you to registration. Alternatively, a Certificate of Immunization may be provided on your pediatrician’s stationary. In all cases, the Certificate of Immunization must be signed, stamped and dated by the physician. Your child’s registration will not be completed without the proper Certificate of Immunization at Registration.
9) BAND/CHORUS/ORCHESTRA: Freshmen may participate either in the school’s band, chorus or orchestra program. Those who elect not to participate are assigned a study hall period. For more information on these programs, please carefully read the “Music/Study Hall Information-High School” section found on the http://registration.kellenberg.org site before you register your child.
We offer you and your child our congratulations. Hard work, enthusiasm, and belief in oneself have made it possible for your child to attend Kellenberg Memorial. May these same characteristics continue to predominate throughout the years of high school.
Bro. Kenneth M. Hoagland, S.M.